- Geometric Art 900 – 700 BC
- Archaic Art 700 – 500 BC
- Classical Art 480 – 323 BC
- Hellenistic Art 321 – 31 BC
- The School of Athens is one of the most famous frescoes by the Italian Renaissance artist Raffaello Sanzio da Urbino, known as Raphael (1483 – 1520).
- It was painted between 1509 and 1511 as a part of Raphael’s commission to decorate the rooms now known as the Stanze di Raffaello, in the Apostolic Palace in the Vatican.
- The School of Athens portrays Plato, Aristotle, and other ancient philosophers engaged in philosophic inquiry.
- The Night Watch was painted in 1642 by Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn (1606 – 1669).
- He was a Dutch draughtsman, painter and print maker.
- The Night Watch one of the most famous paintings in the world.
- Rembrandt had produced over 600 paintings, nearly 400 etchings and 2,000 drawings.