Antarctic Desert, Antarctica ———————————– Arctic Desert, Arctic
Sahara Desert, Africa
Arabian Desert, Middle East ——————————— Gobi Desert, Asia
Kalahari Desert, Africa —————————– Patagonian Desert, South America
Great Victoria Desert, Australia
Syrian Desert, Middle East —————————– Great Basin Desert, North America
What is the purpose of Lewis and Clark expedition ?
- Who commissioned the Lewis and Clark expedition ? = President Thomas Jefferson after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803.
- What was Lewis and Clark’s expedition called ? = Corps of Discovery
- Why did Captain Meriwether Lewis and Lieutenant William Clark go on the expedition ? = Thomas Jefferson wanted to explore the Louisiana Purchase and the Pacific Northwest
- When did Lewis and Clark set out on their expedition ? = 1804
- Who guided Lewis and Clark ? = Sacagawea (1788-1812) was a Lemhi Shoshone
- How much did Lewis and Clark’s expedition cost ? = $ 39,000
- What names did they give to the Three Forks of the Missouri RIver ? = Jefferson, Gallatin, and Madison.
The Creation of Adam (1508-1512) is an iconic work of Biblical art and the most famous painting in the world. It was painted on the Sistine Chapel ceiling by the High Renaissance artist Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni (1475-1564). He was an Italian painter, sculptor, architect, poet, and engineer. Michelangelo created 31 sculptures (David, Moses, and Pieta). He made 7 paintings (The Last Judgement 1541). He wrote 300 poems. The Sistine Chapel is a chapel in the Apostolic Palace, the official residence of the Pope, in Vatican City, Italy.