Kollur Mine in Golconda, India.
The Hope Diamond, also known as “Le Bijou du Roi” (the King’s Jewel), “Le blue de France” (the Blue of France), and the Tavernier Blue, is a large, 45.52-carat, deep-blue diamond, and now housed in the National Gem and Mineral collection at the Smithsonian Institution’s Natural History Museum in Washington, D.C. It is blue to the naked eye because of trace amounts of boron within its crystal structure, and exhibits red phosphorescence after exposure to ultraviolet light. Hope Diamond has a long and mysterious past.
Approximately 4,200 Religions in the World
No, it is Judaism and Christianity.
The Ten Commandments are a set of civil and moral laws that God gave the Israelites through Moses on Mount Sinai. They were originally recorded on stone tablets.
Sun takes 8.4 minutes to travel 93 million miles to Earth.
Yes, the Great Wall of China is the only man-made structure visible from space.
Collision of Neutron Stars with Earth
- The collision of two neutron stars – the tiny, incredibly dense cores of exploded stars – could catalyze the creation of the valuable metal.
- The massive collision released a powerful jet of gamma-rays across the universe.
- Gold cannot be created within the core of a star.
- Gold is not formed on the Earth like diamonds, and many gems and minerals.
- Gold is a chemical element with symbol Au and atomic number 79.
- Gold is a bright, slightly reddish yellow, dense, soft, malleable and ductile metal.
Top 10 Gold Producers in the World