How many base units are in the SI system ? = 7
The International System of Units is the modern form of the metric system and is the world’s most widely used system of measurement, used in both commerce and science. It comprises a coherent system of units of measurement built on seven base units.
Meter – Kilogram – Second – Ampere – Kelvin – Candela – Mole
12 Lunar Cycles in a Year
Sumerians invented the calendars. Sumeria was one of the ancient civilizations and historical regions in southern Mesopotamia, modern-day southern Iraq, during the Chalcolithic and Early Bronze Age.
Antarctic Desert, Antarctica ———————————– Arctic Desert, Arctic
Sahara Desert, Africa
Arabian Desert, Middle East ——————————— Gobi Desert, Asia
Kalahari Desert, Africa —————————– Patagonian Desert, South America
Great Victoria Desert, Australia
Syrian Desert, Middle East —————————– Great Basin Desert, North America
What is the purpose of Lewis and Clark expedition ?
- Who commissioned the Lewis and Clark expedition ? = President Thomas Jefferson after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803.
- What was Lewis and Clark’s expedition called ? = Corps of Discovery
- Why did Captain Meriwether Lewis and Lieutenant William Clark go on the expedition ? = Thomas Jefferson wanted to explore the Louisiana Purchase and the Pacific Northwest
- When did Lewis and Clark set out on their expedition ? = 1804
- Who guided Lewis and Clark ? = Sacagawea (1788-1812) was a Lemhi Shoshone
- How much did Lewis and Clark’s expedition cost ? = $ 39,000
- What names did they give to the Three Forks of the Missouri RIver ? = Jefferson, Gallatin, and Madison.