Druids ? Celts ? Still a Mystery
- Stonehenge is a prehistoric monument and a mysterious circle of upright stones.
- Built in Salisbury Plain in Wiltshire, England, Stonehenge was constructed in several stages between 3000 and 1500 B.C., spanning the Neolithic Period to the Bronze Age.
- Archeologists believe that the Druids, who were the high priests of the Celts, have built it.
- Stonehenge is Britain’s greatest national icon, symbolizing mystery, power and endurance.
- The two types of stones are called Bluestones and Sarsens.