How to decipher the Egyptian Hieroglyphic writing ?
Egyptian hieroglyphic is the first writing ever used, along with Sumerian, which is now southern Iraq. The word hieroglyph comes from the Greek hieros (sacred), and glypho (inscriptions). The Egyptian writing was created in 3,400 BC.
Ancient Egyptians had more than 2,000 characters called hieroglyphics. Each hieroglyphic is a common object that represents a letter of their alphabet.
Hieroglyphics were written in rows or columns without spaces. And can be read from left to right or from right to left. The symbols (human and animals) always face towards the beginning of the line so you know which direction to start reading.
What do you know about Ancient Egypt ?
Egypt is famous for Pyramids of Giza – Sphinx – Nile – Mummies – King Tutankhamun – Cleopatra – Gods and Goddess. Ancient Egyptian history lasted for about 5500 years.
15 Most Worshiped Ancient Egyptian Gods and Goddess
Osiris (god of vegetation) – Isis (goddess of fertility) – Horus (god of light and sky) – Troth (god of wisdom) – Ra (sun god) – Seth (god of desert) – Mut (mother goddess) – Bastet (feline goddess) – Amun (chief god) – Ptah (god of craftsmen) – Wadjet (cobra goddess) – Hathor (cow goddess) – Sekhmet (goddess of war) – Anubis (god of embalming and the dead) – Maat (goddess of truth).
Portrayed with animal heads atop human bodies, ancient Egyptian gods and goddess dominated every aspect of life of both royalty and ordinary people.
How many muscles are found in the human body ? = 650 muscles and 187 joints
Human have three types of muscle tissue = Visceral (stomach, intestines, and blood vessels), cardiac (heart), and skeletal (all parts of body).
The muscular system is to : allow movement – provide stability – control body openings and passages – warm the body.
What kinds of clouds are there ?
3 main types of clouds – Cirrus = Feathery clouds, fair weather, but rain or snow may be on the way. – Cumulus = Fluffy, white clouds, good weather – Stratus = Gray clouds that cover sky light rain and drizzle.
10 Major Cloud Types = Cirrus – Cumulus – Stratus – Numbus clouds – Cirrostratus – Cirrocumulus – Altostratus – Altocumulus – Stratocumulus – Numbostratus – Cumulonimbus clouds.
How to write and read the Cyrillic alphabet
– The Russian alphabet is known as the Cyrillic alphabet. It contains 33 letters : 11 vowels, 20 consonants and 2 pronunciation signs. The Russian language is created in 862 A.D.
– The Cyrillic alphabet is named after Saint Cyril, a Byzantine scholar along with his brother Methodius, who lived in Bulgaria in the 9th century.. In the 1700s, Peter the Great made major changes to the Russian language to make it easier for all people to be literate. And in 1917 the communist government further simplified the writing system.
– Russian is an ancient Eastern Slavonic language that belongs to the Indo-European language family and is a relative to Latin, Greek, Sanskrit, Celtic, and Germanic languages which include French and English.
How to calculate area, perimeter and volume of 2D shapes & 3D Shapes
How the bill becomes a law ?
If a bill has passed in both the U.S. House of Representatives and the U.S. Senate and has been approved by the President, or if a presidential veto has been overridden, the bill becomes a law and is enforced by the government.
Top 10 Famous Explorer to Sail around the World
- Christopher Columbus (1451-1506) – Italian – America
- Vasco da Gama (1469-1524) – Portuguese – Sea route to India
- Marco Polo (1254-1324) – Italian – China and Asia
- James Cook (1728-1779) – British – Hawaiian Islands, Australia and Pacific Ocean
- Ferdinand Magellan (1480-1521) – Portuguese – First expedition to circumnavigate
- Roald Amundsen (1872-1928) – Norwegian – South Pole
- Francisco Pizarro (1478-1541) – Spanish – Conquest of the Incan Empire
- Hernan Cortes (1485-1547) – Spanish – Fall of Aztec Empire
- David Livingstone (1813-1873) – Scottish – Southern Africa
- Sir Francis Drake (1540-1597) – English – Circumnavigation the World the 2nd time
How well do you know Chinese History ?
China has a long and extremely rich history. The Great Wall is considered one of the seven Wonders of the Ancient World. China is famous for the Forbidden City, Terracotta Warriors, Giant Buddha of Leshan, Yangtze River, Potala Palace.
Xia Dynasty (2000-1766 BC) – Shang Dynasty (1766-1122 BC) – Zhou Dynasty (1122-221 BC) – Qin Dynasty (221-206 BC) – Han Dynasty (206 BC – 220 AD) – Sui Dynasty (589-618) – Tang Dynasty (618-907) – Song Dynasty (960-1279) – Yuan Dynasty (1279-1368) – Ming Dynasty (1368-1644) – Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) – Republic of China (1911-1949) – People’s Republic of China (1949-present).
Since the founding of the People’s Republic of China on October 1st, 1949, China has become a socialist society and become stronger and stronger.
Attention Quiz Masters
Are you tired of using dull, unimaginative, straightforward questions in your trivia and pub quiz competitions ? If so, then i found the site www.chancetolearn.com/?hop=super7mom announcing the GOLD STANDARD in Trivia Quizzes.
Thousands of fantastic quiz questions & answers from one of the greatest minds in trivia.
Perfect for Trivia & Pub Quizzes, Charity & Social Events, Parties.
Enjoy it ! and Thank You !